Meet Mishkan HaNefesh before the High Holy Days
August 28, 2015 - 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
Rabbi Prosnit and Rabbi Schultz will offer a three-part series introducing our new High Holy Day Prayer Book on Fridays, August 28, September 4 and September 11 at Noon.
There will also be an evening session on Tuesday, September 8 from 7-8:30pm
The series will include:
- A brief history of prayer book reform, from the traditional machzor to the Union Prayer Book and beyond.
- What are some of the Mishkan Hanefesh’s most significant changes, and why were they made?
- How will some new translations affect our understanding of the classical liturgy?
- Will the “left side of the page” readings inspire us or jar us?
- New Torah and Haftarah Readings – should we use them?
- Join us as we begin our preparations for the Days of Awe.